VA Cash Benefits For Reimbursement of Burial Expenses – $300 is available for an honorably discharged veteran, IF: they were receiving a pension or disability benefits from the VA at the time of death; or the death occurred in a VA hospital, or VA contracted health care facility.
• Active Duty or Service Connected Death – $2,000 is available IF: the veteran died during active duty; or an honorably discharged veteran died of a service-connected injury.
• Burial Plot Allowance – $150 is available for an honorably discharged veteran not interred in a cemetery that is under the jurisdiction of the US government, IF: the veteran was receiving a pension or disability benefits from the VA at the time of death; the death occurred in a VA hospital, or VA contracted health care facility.
Alterations and Design
Custom Fitting Made Easy
• Transportation Allowance – Transportation allowance will be reimbursed by the VA for transportation expenses from the place of death to the funeral home and to the cemetery for a veteran who died in a VA hospital, or VA contracted health care facility.
• US flag – An honorably discharged veteran is entitled to a US flag provided by the Veterans Administration.
Honoring Our Veteran’s
Serving those who served us!
• Headstone or Marker – In a National Cemetery, a veteran, spouse and dependent children receive a free headstone. For burial in a private cemetery, a simple marker for veterans ONLY will be provided, if the grave is unmarked.
• Burial in a National Cemetery – Free grave space is available for a veteran, spouse and dependent children.
At the time of death, we will notify the Veterans Administration. For specific questions concerning eligibility claims and benefits please contact Lincoln Family Group.